After splitting the first two games in Boston, the Bruins and Hurricanes will head down south for Games 3 and 4 in Raleigh, NC. The Bruins will try to get back on track after a disappointing effort in Game 2 and that led to a 3-0 loss.
Projected Starting Goaltenders:
Bruins Projected Lines & D-Pairs
Milan Lucic - Marc Savard - Phil Kessel
Mark Recchi - Patrice Bergeron - Chuck Kobasew
Blake Wheeler - David Krejci - Michael Ryder
P.J. Axelsson - Stephane Yelle - Shawn Thornton
Zdeno Chara - Aaron Ward
Andrew Ference- Dennis Wideman
Mark Stuart - Steve Montador
HURRICANES Projected Lines & D-Pairs
Ray Whitney - Matt Cullen - Scott Walker
Ryan Bayda - Rod Brind'Amour - Patrick Eaves
Sergei Samsonov - Jussi Jokinen - Tuomo Ruutu
Tim Gleason - Joe Corvo
Joni Pitkanen - Dennis Seidenberg
Niclas Wallin - Anton Babchuk
LW Marco Sturm: Out for Season (knee)
RW Chuck Kobasew: Probable (flu-like symptoms)
D Matt Hunwick: Out for Series (spleen)
No Injuries to Report
- Chuck Kobasew missed practice yesterday with "flu-like symptoms" but is expected to play tonight. He was on the ice this morning for the morning skate, indicating that he will probably play tonight.
- Michael Ryder, P.J. Axelsson, and Shawn Thornton did not skate this morning, but I wouldn't read too much into that.
- The Bruins need to do a better job taking care of the puck tonight. The Hurricanes were are able to take advantage of some bad turnovers in Game 2.
- The B's need to try something different on the power play because what they have been doing lately clearly isn't working. The B's are 0-7 on the power play in this series.
- The RBC Center will probably be loud. Even though the Hurricanes have a small following, they have developed a very passionate fan base. The RBC Center is considered to be one of the loudest buildings in the league, even though it isn't always filled to capacity (the Hurricanes only sold out one home game in the first round). James Murphy wrote a good piece on the "Caniacs" for NESN.com.
- Covers.com is reporting that Milan Lucic is dealing with a leg injury but is expected to play. This is the only place I have seen this reported. Covers.com's injury reports are usually fairly accurate.
- It will be interesting to see how the Bruins stack up against the Celtics tonight in the local TV ratings.
- Tonight's game will air on NESN at 7:30 PM Eastern
- Public Skate (open thread) starts at 6:30.
Eyes on the Storms
Canes Country (SBN): Bubba and Cory do some great work over there. Their daily Hurricanes Newsstand will point you in the right direction for news and stories on this series from both sides of the Mason-Dixon Line.
Canes Now: The News & Observer's Hurricanes blog (think Boston.com's Bruins Blog).
Tracking the Storm: Blog from Carolina Hurricanes official website. Think of it as Carolina's version of Bish's Blog.
Series tied 1-1