As we approach the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, I will be taking a closer look at some of the players that might be available when the Bruins are scheduled to pick at #25. I am starting off with Stefan Elliott, a player that many mock drafts have going to Boston with the 25th pick.
6'1" 184 lbs
Hometown: North Vancouver, BC
Date of Birth: 1/30/91
|'08-'09 Saskatoon Blades - Stefan Elliott||71||16||39||55||20||26||8||0||1|
Stefan Elliott has been described by some scouts as "a poor man's Mike Green". He has shown tremendous offensive skill. Although far from a liability in his own end of the rink, some scouts think that he could use some improvement with the defensive aspects of his game. By most accounts, Elliott is a great teammate and a character kid that most teams would want in their room.
- Offensive ability
- Makes good decisions with the puck
- Smart (He was the WHL All-Scholastic Player of the Year)
- Strong positional play in the defensive zone
- Ability to "quarterback" the power play.
- Bruins have had pretty good luck with kids from Vancouver.
- Not a very physical player
- Seems to be very offensive-minded and likes to jump up into the play a lot. This isn't a bad thing as long as he knows when to join the rush.
- Needs to get stronger
NHL Combine Performance (out of 104 attendees)
- Finished 9th in Anaerobic Fitness Mean Power Output (10.9 watt/kg). '09 NHL Combine Avg: 10.3
- 2nd in Standing Long Jump (116.0 inches). '09 NHL Combine Avg: 103.0 inches
- 9th in Vertek Vertical Jump/Pause (29.8 inches). "09 NHL Combine Avg: 25.1 inches
- 9th in Vertek Vertical Jump/No Pause (31.8 inches). '09 NHL Combine Avg: 26.1 inches
- 10th in Vertek Leg Power Peak (Sayers)/No Pause (6544.0). '09 NHL Combine Avg: 5864.0
- 4th in 4 Jump (Mat) Mode: Average Jump Height (25.20 inches). '09 NHL Combine Avg: 20.14 inches