The Bruins will be back in action tonight when they take the ice in Buffalo to play the Northeast Division-leading Sabres. The B's will try to snap a 5-game losing streak and rebound from a 5-1 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes on Sunday, a game that most Bruins fans would agree was their worst performance of the season. The Bruins will welcome back Marc Savard (torn MCL), whose offensive ability was dearly missed over the past 8 games.
Know Your Enemy
Buffalo Sabres (31-14-7)
Head Coach: Lindy Ruff
SB Nation's Sabres Blog: Die By The Blade
Leading Goal Scorers:
|2009 - Thomas Vanek||15||17||32||1||20|
|2009 - Jason Pominville||14||23||37||8||8|
|2009 - Ryan Miller||45||2655||28||11||91||2.06||1374||1283||.934||5|
|2009 - Patrick Lalime||9||444||3||2||23||3.11||234||211||.902||0|
Probable: Marc Savard (knee), Byron Bitz (undisclosed)
Qustionable: Steve Begin (lower body injury)
Doubtful: Marco Sturm (leg)
Out: Andrew Ference (groin)
Buffalo Sabres Injuries
|Player||Injury Type||Injury Date|
- The Bruins and Sabres have met twice this season with the Bruins taking both games.
- This game could feature 2 of Team USA's Olympic goaltenders: Tim Thomas and Ryan Miller.
- It looks like Steve Montador is still being Steve Montador.
- Marc Savard skated on a line with Milan Lucic and Miroslav Satan at Thursday's practice.
"He and I had some chemistry last year," Savard said of Lucic, his linemate for most of last season. "Now we've got another 81 on the other side. Hopefully that's a good thing."
- via Boston.com Bruins Blog
- Marco Sturm (leg) practiced yesterday, while Andrew Ference (groin) skated on his own. Sturm traveled with the team but is not expected to play tonight.
- Mark Recchi missed practice on Wednesday so he could carry the Olympic torch through his hometown of Kamloops, British Columbia
- No, that isn't a Make-a-Wish Kid out there on the ice warming up with the Sabres. That's former BC Eagle Nathan Gerbe. The half-pint forward was called up by Sabres from Portland over on December 9th, but has watched all but 2 games from the press box.
- The Bruins, who have struggling offensively, will have their work cut out for them against red-hot goalie Ryan Miller. Hopefully, Miller is distracted by his new "lifestyle"...
- The game starts at 7:30 and can be seen on NESN. The Public Skate open thread starts right here at 7:00.
Today's Obligatory Embarrassing Sabres Fan YouTube Video