The Bruins will try to extend their winning streak to four games when they host the Los Angeles Kings tonight at TD Garden. The B's are coming off of a 4-0 shutout win over the Florida Panthers on Thursday night in a game that saw Milan Lucic record his second career hat trick and Tuukka Rask get his first shutout (and win) of the season. Meanwhile, the LA Kings are looking to snap a three game skid ater a 4-2 loss in Buffalo last night.
Despite their current slump, the Kings currently sit in first place in the Pacific Division with a 12-6-0 record. Justin Williams and Dustin Brown have paced the Kings offensively with 9 goals a piece. Former UMass-Amherst goaltender Jonathan Quick has been an absolute beast between the pipes for the Kings. Quick has posted a 10-2-0 record in 12 starts. The Milford, CT native ranks third in the NHL in GAA (1.73) and fifth in save percentage (.936).
- This is the first of two meetings between the Bruins and Kings this season.
- Tim Thomas was the first goalie off the ice for the Bruins at the morning skate.
- Marc Savard will speak to the media at the conclusion of the morning skate, which he is participating in.
- Marco Sturm also participated in the morning skate.
- The Kings have struggled this year away from the Staples Center. They are have a road record of 4-5-0.
- The Kings have a lot of domestic products on their roster. The Kings currently have 9 U.S.-born players on their roster.
- The Kings will be without Scott Parse (hip), Alexei Ponikarovsky (finger), and Willie Mitchell (upper body).
- The B's will be missing Marc Savard (post-concussion symptoms), David Krejci (concussion), and Marco Sturm (recovering from knee surgery).
- I'm guessing that the Bruins will do something prior to the opening face-off to honor the life of former head coach Pat Burns, who lost his courageous battle with cancer yesterday at the age of 58.
- The Public Skate open thread gets going at 6:30 PM ET.
- Tonight's game airs on NESN and 98.5 FM The Sports Hub.
- For more on tonight's game, head over to Jewels From The Crown