After clinching a playoff spot with a 4-2 win over the Carolina Hurricanes on Saturday afternoon, the Bruins are in DC to close out the regular season against the Washington Capitals. The Capitals have locked up the top spot in the Eastern Conference and the President's Trophy and will be looking for their 55th win of the season after beating the Atalanta Thrashers 5-2 on Friday night.
Out: Dennis Seidenberg (lacerated tendon in wrist), Marc Savard (concussion), Mark Stuart (hand), Andrew Ference (hernia/groin)
Washington Capitals Injuries
Out (IR / Out / Suspended / Physically unvailable)
|Player||Injury Type||Injury Date|
- Today's game will air on NBC at noon ET
- Alex Ovechkin has posted 50-59-109 totals this season and could end up as the league's leading goal scorer and point producer.
- Both teams will probably be doing some scoreboard watching to see who they have on their dance card in the first round.
- It will interesting to see if Claude Julien or Bruce Boudreau will sit any other their players to rest for the playoffs.
- With one game left in the season, Tuukka Rask leads the league in save percentage (.931%) and goals against (1.97).
- The Capitals average an impressive 3.83 goals per game.
- For more on today's game, check out Japers' Rink