The Bruins fell to the Sabres 4-1 on Friday night in Game 5 in Buffalo and failed to wrap up their opening round series. So, now the series returns to Boston for Game 6 on Monday night. The Bruins will try to do what they failed to do on Friday night and send the Sabres off on a long summer vacation, while Buffalo will try to avoid elimination and force a Game 7 in Buffalo.
Probable Starting Goaltenders:
#40 / Goalie / Boston Bruins
Mar 10, 1987
|Playoffs - Tuukka Rask||5
#30 / Goalie / Buffalo Sabres
Jul 17, 1980
|Playoffs - Ryan Miller||5
Out for the Series: Mark Stuart (finger) & Dennis Seidenberg (wrist)
Doubtful: Marc Savard (concussion)
Questionable: Matt Ellis (nose) & Thomas Vanek (foot)
Out for Series: Jochen Hecht (finger)
Bruins Projected Lines & D-Pairs:
Bruins Lead Series 3-2
|Final - 4.15.2010||1||2||3||Total|
Goal: Mark Recchi (PP)
Tuukka Rask (30 saves)
Goals: Thomas Vanek & Craig Rivet
Ryan Miller (38 saves)
|Final - 4.17.2010||1||2||3||Total|
Goals: Zdeno Chara (2), Michael Ryder (2), Mark Recchi (ENG)
Tuukka Rask 26 saves
Goals: Tyler Myers, Matt Ellis, Jason Pominville
Ryan Miller 26 saves
|Final - 4.19.2010||1||2||3||Total|
Goals: Dennis Wideman & Patrice Bergeron
Tuukka Rask 32 saves
Goal: Mike Grier
Ryan Miller 27 saves
|Final - 4.21.2010||1||2||3||OT||2 OT||Total|
Goals: David Krejci (PPG), Patrice Bergeron, & Miroslav Satan (GW PPG)
Tuukka Rask 35 saves
Goal: Tim Kennedy & Steve Montador
Ryan Miller 36 saves
|Final - 4.23.2010||1||2||3||Total|
Complete Coverage >
Goal: Johnny Boychuk (PPG)
Tuukka Rask 29 saves
Goals: Adam Mair, Jason Pominville, Mike Grier & Tyler Ennis (ENG)
Ryan Miller 34 saves
- Marco Sturm skated on the first line with Patrice Bergeron and Mark Recchi during Sunday's practice. Milan Lucic was dropped down to the second line with David Krejci and Miroslav Satan.
- Thomas Vanek could return for Game 6. Buffalo Head Coach Lindy Ruff said that the decision of whether or not he can play is up to Vanek.
- Claude Julien and Lindy Ruff had a bit of a war of words following Game 5.
- Marc Savard's return for Game 6 is doubtful. Savard participated in practice on Sunday, but has not had to deal with full-contact yet. It sounds like Savard is eager to return, but Claude Julien and Peter Chiarelli are being cautious with his return. Savard has not yet been cleared by the medical staff to return to game action.
- Most oddsmakers have the Bruins as between -135 and -140 favorites for Game 6.
- As you probably know by now, the NHL has rescinded Zdeno Chara's one-game suspension for this role in the altercation at the end of Game 5.
- It's amazing how close Tuukka Rask and Ryan Miller's numbers have been in this series.
- The Sabres called up 8 "Black Aces" from the Portland Pirates before Game 5: Jhonas Enroth (G), J.P. Lamoureux (G), Mike Weber (D), Marc-Andre Gragnani (D), Mike Kostka (D), Philip Gogulla (F), Nathan Gerbe (F), and Mark Mancari (F).
- Game 6 gets underway at 7:00 and will air on NESN in New England and CBC north of the border. The Public Skate open thread starts a half hour before puck drop.