The Bruins have just 3 games remaining in the regular season and they find themselves still searching for a ticket to the postseason. The Bruins will host the Buffalo Sabres tonight at TD Garden. The Sabres are coming off a 5-2 win over the New York Rangers on Tuesday night. The win clinched the Northeast Division for Buffalo, which gives them one of the top 3 seeds in the East. Don't expect the Sabres to rest players and coast through tonight's game. The Buffaslugs are still in a race with the New Jersey Devils and Pittsburgh Penguins for the #2 seed in the Eastern Conference.
Marc Savard (concussion), Andrew Ference (groin/hernia), Dennis Seidenberg (lacerated forearm tendon), & Mark Stuart (infection in hand)
Shawn Thornton (upper body)
Zdeno Chara (broken nose)
Buffalo Sabres Injuries
Out (IR / Out / Suspended / Physically unvailable)
- Derek Roy and Jason Pomminville lead the Sabres with 24 goals apiece.
- The Bruins will be without Dennis Seidenberg for "8 weeks" (read: remainder of the season) after he underwent surgery to repair a lacerated tendon in his left forearm.
- Zdeno Chara broke his nose during Monday night's game vs. Washington after taking a high-stick from Alexander Semin that went unpunished. He practiced yesterday with a full cage and is expected to play tonight.
- The Bruins have gone 3-2-0 against Buffalo in 5 games this season. The teams last met on 3/29 with the Bruins falling 3-2 to the Sabres. Each team has earned 6 points in the season series, as Buffalo took charitty points out of 2 of those Bruins wins. The Sabres went 2-1-2 this year against the B's.
- The Sabres the league's second best PK (86.2%).
- The Bruins are 4-3-0 this year on 2 days rest.
- The Rangers beat the Maple Leafs 5-1 last night. The good news is that the Leafs lost, which increases the Bruins' chances of a high draft pick. The bad news is that the Rangers are now within 1 point of the B's in the standings. The Ranger have played one more game than the B's, though.
- Random Video: The Bear hangs out with the Dropkick Murphys on St. Patrick's Day:
- The game starts at 7:00 and can be seen on NESN and Versus (outside Boston & Buffalo TV markets). Public Skate open thread starts at 6:30.
- For more on tonight's game, check out Die By The Blade
Kind of, sort of, not really Sabres related...