Milan Lucic's turnaround slapper with 2:57 left in the game gave the Bruins a 3-2 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals at TD Garden on Monday night. The Bruins will now travel to Philadelphia for Games 3 and 4 with a 2-0 series lead.
Johnny Boychuk got the game's first tally at 5:12 of the first period. Patrice Bergeron won a face-off at the left offensive circle and Johnny hammered a one-timer from the top of the circle directly off the draw.
The Flyers evened it up at 1-1 with 2:54 left in the opening period on a goal from Mike Richards. Vladimir Sobotka tried to play the puck around the boards to Matt Hunwick behind the net, but Ville Leino picked up the puck below the goal line and passed it Daniel Briere, who got the puck to Richards. Richards wheeled out front and fired a snap shot from the right circle that beat Rask for the early equalizer.
"Miro the Hero" Mioslav Satan made it 2-1 at 9:31 of the second period. The Bruins worked the puck around the perimeter and Blake Wheeler pass from the right wing boards found Satan at the right circle. Satan snapped a shot past Brian Boucher for his 4th goal of the playoffs.
Daniel Briere fresh out the penalty box after serving a hooking minor tied it up at 2-2 for the Flyers with 25 seconds remaining in the second period. Briere joined the breakout and got a pass from Ville Leino on the right wing and fired a wrister from the right dot that Tuukka Rask couldn't handle.
Milan Lucic got the go-ahead goal for the B's with 2:57 left in the third period when his turnaround slapper of a bouncing found its way past Brian Boucher to make it 3-2.
- That's real cute how Peter Laviolette wears orange ties behind the bench. I wonder if he has trouble writing on the dry erase board with those pom-poms in his hands?
- Daniel Briere may have gotten away with a pick on Richards goal.
- Several media members including Bob McKenzie of TSN were reporting that Daniel Carcillo was claiming that Marc Savard tried to bite his finger during their second period scrum after Savard swatted at the catching glove of Flyers goalie Brian Boucher. Marc Savard was suspended in 2003 for biting Darcy Tucker.
- According to Joe Haggerty of CSNNE, one of his sources told him that Mike Richards said something to Marc Savard along the lines of "You were out for six months. We're gonna take you out for another six months."
- The Bruins won 59% of the draws tonight. Patrice Bergeron won 16 of the 22 face-offs he took.
- Tuukka Rask made 24 saves.
- Michael Ryder had a team-high 6 shots.
- Game 3 is Wednesday night in Philly.