The Bruins are set to take on the Florida Panthers tonight at TD Garden (7:00 PM ET). The two teams met on Thursday night in Rochester, NY with the Panthers taking that game 3-2. Tonight's game will air on NESN in New England.
- Marc Savard spoke with the media this morning. Savvy implied that he will not be back soon, but hopes to return this season. He is still suffering from the classic symptoms of post concussion syndrome: "nausea, headache, dizziness, seeing spots, and depression". During the media scrum, Savard admitted that he was feeling fatigued during the Philadelphia playoff series and probably returned to the ice too soon.
- Tuukka Rask was the first goalie off the ice for the morning skate and will likely get the start tonight.
- The Bruins have made 5 more cuts. Goalie Matt Dalton and forward Jeff LoVecchio have been assigned to Providence. Defenseman Nathan McIver and forwards Wyatt Smith and Jeremy Reich have been placed on waivers and will report to Providence if they go unclaimed.
- 9 other players were released from camp yesterday:
Ryan Button, Craig Cunningham, and Jared Knight were returned to their junior teams.
Joe Rullier was released from his professional tryout agreement.
Kirk MacDonald was also released from his PTO, but will report to Providence's training camp.
Andrew Bodnarchuk, Jordan Knackstedt, Lane McDermid, and Jeff Penner were assigned to Providence.
Nathan Horton, Milan Lucic, David Krejci, Tuukka Rask, Steve Kampfer, Matt Bartkowski, Mark Recchi, Zdeno Chara, Nolan Schaefer, Mark Stuart, Yury Alexandrov, Dennis Seidenberg, Brian McGrattan, Tyler Seguin, Patrice Bergeron, Ryan Spooner, Jordan Caron, Gregory Campbell, Max Sauve, and Jamie Arniel
- According to Donny Rivette and his crew over at The Litter Box, the Panthers lines should look like this:
Jason Garrison - Erik Gudbranson
So, it looks like Dennis Wideman will not have to face the Garden boo birds tonight.
- Since this game is actually on TV, we will be doing a Public Skate open thread starting at 6:30. Stop by and talk some puck!