The Bruins will be looking for their third straight win tonight when they host the Buffalo Sabres at TD Garden after sweeping a home-and-home series with the Carolina Hurricanes. Buffalo is coming off of a 2-1 overtime winner over the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday night in Buffalo (Come on Sabres, you couldn't get it done in 60 minutes?).
- Sabres are 3rd in the Northeast Division (45 points).
- The Bruins and Sabres have met 4 times already this season. The Bruins are 2-1-1 in the season series. The Bruins and Sabres last played on New Year's Day with Buffalo winning 7-6 in a shootout.
- Drew Stafford has been a Bruins killer this year. The Buffalo forward has 7 goals in 3 games against the B's this season, including 2 hat tricks. In 27 games against the rest of the league, Stafford has 8 goals. The good news for Bruins fans is that Stafford is doubtful for tonight's game with a groin injury.
- Derek Roy is also still out of the lineup for the Sabres with a quadriceps injury.
- Andrew Ference should be considered questionable for tonight's game with an upper body injury.
- Tonight is the 5th Annual Heart Health Night presented by the Boston Bruins, American Heart Association, and Tufts Medical Center.
- The Sabres have called up defenseman Marc-Andre Gragnani from the Portland Pirates.
- Former Hockey East half-pint Nathan Gerbe is making an impact at the NHL level.
- It is probably a pretty safe bet that we will see Ryan Miller in goal for the Sabres.
- Tonight's games starts at 7:00 PM ET (NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub). The Public Skate open thread gets started at 6:30 PM ET. Stop by and watch the game with us.
- For more on tonight's contest, check out Die By The Blade