Abbreviated links today before the Bruins take on the Avalanche in....four hours. It's going to be exciting to watch this game that is somewhat ultimately meaningless in the standings. Gabriel Landeskog is one of the new faces of the NHL, jumping right into the game from the draft, much as Tyler Seguin did. There are familiar faces on this team in Chuck Kobasew and Matt Hunwick, though the latter will probably be eating popcorn while his teammates skate. All in all, it should be a good one.
After the jump, the Bruins take their 100th and final day with the Cup and turn it into something awesome...
- The Bruins celebrated their final day with the Cup by taking it to Gillette Stadium for the coin toss against the NFL Jets. Horton poured water on the field, and all the hokey antics resulted in a Patriots win! [Citizen]
- Here is video of said trip to Foxboro. [Bruins]
- Rich Peverley appears to be fitting into Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand's line just fine, if Saturday's game was any indication. [NESN]
- Brad Marchand is keeping a diary and it's hilarious. [ESPN]
- The NHL Jets got thrashed in their opening night game. See what I did there. [CBC]
- The Canadiens lost two more players to injury in the game, despite curb-stomping the new team. [PHT]
- Gabriel Landeskog left a pretty good impression in his first game, despite not appearing on the scoresheet. [Post]
- Young Devan Dubnyk, named the Oilers' opening night starter, acquitted himself well against the Penguins the other night. [Sun]
- Cory Sarich will not be disciplined for his hit on Matt Cooke; Sarich claims the hit was 'embellished.' [Calgary Herald]
- Last year's first overall draft pick scored his first NHL goal. Kathryn is pleased. [USA Today]
A game preview will be coming at you shortly, so stay tuned.