The Bruins take on the Maple Leafs tonight for their last game of the month of November. And while yes, technically they have a loss under their belts this month, it's a fake loss. Shootouts are wicked lame. They lasted through regulation and OT against the Red Wings. Basically that game was a tie. The Bruins' record is 12-0-1, and they have the opportunity to make this a (regulation) loss-less month.
Considering where we were a month ago...wow.
After the jump, two new coaches aren't as lucky as the last new coach, Maple Leaf Gardens is now a grocery store, and Teemu Selanne is a sad panda...
- First place in the division is on the line tonight! [Globe]
- Tyler Seguin is maturing into an actual-facts NHL star. Hear a bit from John Tavares' perspective. [Herald]
- David Krejci is off to a rough start, but the Bruins are showing patience with their gifted center. [Nashua Telegraph]
- Former prospect Joe Colborne is eager to prove the Bruins wrong. Augh. Please don't, Joe. [WEEI]
- Brad Marchand has partnered with the Brain Injury Association of MA to raise awareness. [Community Advocate]
- This is a hilarious piece chronicling new Capitals coach Dale Hunter's history of locker room pranks. [Post]
- Bobby Ryan is aware of the trade rumors and knows that he might be headed out. [OC Register]
- Speaking of the Ducks, this is NOT how Teemu Selanne was hoping his final season would go. [OC Register]
- Dale Hunter's coaching debut did not go as well as Ken Hitchcock's. Hitchcock's Blues beat Hunter's Caps last night, 2-1, and Jaro Halak looked like his old Habby self against the Caps. [USA Today]
- Also spoiled: Kirk Muller's debut behind the Carolina bench. Whoops. [Post]
- Nashville's Jordin Tootoo started bleeding during an interview last night. Ha. [Puck Daddy]
- Old Maple Leaf Gardens has been converted into a gourmet grocery store. Damn you, MLSE. [PHT]