Man it feels good to be
a gangsta a Bruins fan today. Really it feels good to be a New England Sports fan in general. (Thanks, Patriots! Ignoring you, Red Sox.) That game last night was awesome. At one point I got a text from a Montreal fan who was baffled about the lack of shenanigans and penalties in the first period. Honestly, though, that was okay -- the Bruins proved they can be Big and Bad without crossing the line.
Brad Marchand's game winner was a beaut, too, off an even more aweome pass from Tyler Seguin. Really it didn't look like they missed the suspended-for-one-game Milan Lucic too much, which hopefully will fire him up and prompt him to step his game up for Friday against the streaking Panthers. Hey, I can dream, can't I?
After the jump, more wallowing in Bruins awesomeness, a Winter Classic web cam, and why it's bad to hide concussions...
- The Bruins didn't agree with the suspension of Milan Lucic, and for good reason. [Milford Daily News]
- Hey, the Bruins won in fine fashion last night! Now there are no games until Friday. Five in a row! [Globe]
- Benoit Pouliot didn't look like an ass last night against his former team, which was a nice change. [Herald]
- Brad Marchand's game winner...hoo boy. /fans self [Globe]
- The Lightning are honoring former Bruin Phil Esposito with a sculpture. [TBO]
- The official song of this year's World Juniors is not only terrible, but has an associated music video. Awful. [Edmonton Journal]
- Dustin Brown undressed James Reimer in a shootout last night between two crappy teams. Poor Leafs. [National Post]
- This Sabres columnist is basically calling for Ryan Miller's head. Interesting. [Buffalo News]
- Bryzgalov: loves universe, hates shootouts. [CSN Philly]
- Colby Armstrong faked a non-concussion injury when he really...has a concussion. Not okay. [Globe and Mail]
- Here is a live stream of the Winter Classic arena construction! [NHL]