Saturday, May 14, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
- The Bruins held a full morning skate this morning at TD Garden. The only Bruins not on the ice for the skate were Patrice Bergeron and Mark Recchi. Bergeron skated on his own at TD Garden for the first time since suffering his third known concussion of his NHL career. Head Coach Claude Julien described Bergeron's brief solo ice session as "a light skate" and would not comment on how Patrice Bergeron felt after the skate. Mark Recchi was given the morning off, which has been common for the 43-year-old winger.
- The Lightning held a only an optional skate.
- Adam McQuaid (neck) is ready to return to the lineup tonight.
- Marc Savard is expected to be in attendance for at least some of the games during this series. However, he will not be at Game 1.
- Simon Gagne (head injury) is expected to be back in the Lightning lineup tonight.
- The Lightning's flight to Boston yesterday was delayed due to mechanical issues, which delayed the start of their afternoon practice yesterday.
- Most books have the Bruins as -140 favorites tonight.
- The Bruins unveiled new signs outside TD Garden for this series replacing the one's ripping on the ladies of Philadelphia's upper lip grooming habits:
- EA Sports simulated the two conference finals series using NHL '11. EA Sports has the Bruins in 6 and Canucks in 6. Tonight's Prediction for EA Sports: Bruins 3-2 in OT.
- Pretty impressive accuracy: Video of Martin St. Louis shooting a puck through a photographer's hole in the glass at TD Garden.
- Puck drop is schedule for shortly after 8:00 PM ET. The Public Skate open thread will get started right here at 7:30 PM ET.
- For more on tonight's game, check out Raw Charge