Forget about the 106 games it took for the Bruins to get to this point. Forget about the last 6 games. Foregt about the 5-2 pounding the B's put on the Canucks on Monday night. All that matters is tonight's game. It all comes down to one game to decide who is going home with The Stanley Cup.
So far in this series, the home team has won every game. Can the B's buck the trend and bring The Cup back to Boston for the first time in 39 years or will the Canucks capture their first championship in franchise history? The Bruins have outscored Vancouver 17-3 on home ice, but it has been a different story at Rogers Arena were the Canucks hold a 5-2 scoring edge.
- Daniel Sedin has pretty much guaranteed a Canucks' victory in Game 7.
- Mason Raymond will miss tonight's game and is expected to sit out 3 to 4 months after suffering a vertebrae compression fracture in Game 6. Raymond did not travel with the team back to Vancouver.
- As expected, Johnny Boychuck will not be suspended for "awkward collision that lead to Mason Raymond's injury.
- Canucks GM Mike Gillis is pretty critical of Boychuk on the play.
- The Bruins were going to have a viewing party for Game 7 in or around TD Garden...before Mayor Mumbles Menino and the city's party pooper committee put the brakes on the plans. I'm really surprised that the Jacobs are not fighting harder for this. They would do anything for extra concession revenue.
- Nathan Horton made the trip to Vancouver with the team to watch his teammates try to win The Cup in Game 7.
- The sports books have the Canucks as anywhere between -135 and -155 favorites tonight.
- There is a very good chace we could be see Mark Recchi's last game in the NHL.
- Red Sox manager Terry Francona reached out to Claude Julien to wish him and the Bruins good luck...despite the fact that he does not like hockey.
- A Canucks fan was robbed of $4,400 (Canadian, I assume) after responding to a craigslist ad for tickets to Game 7.
- Vancouver media is still complaining about the Big Bad Bruins roughing up their innocent little Canucks.
- Liquor stores in Vancouver are closing early during the Stanley Cup Finals. The Vancouver Sun interviewed some locals to find out what they think of the policy, including a goofy dude with Michale Strahan teeth who sounds like David Spade's character in "Geek, Dweeb, or Spazz?" and a Russian booze hound.
- Claude Julien talks about his team's preparation for Game 7.
- The Herald's Steve Buckley calls out Roberto Luongo for his comments and collapse in Game 6.
- The Big Scary Man Guy is back.
- El Pres of Barstool Sports poses an interesting question for Bruins fans.
- Also from Barstool: B's fans filing out of TD Garden chanting "We want The Cup!" after Game 6. By far, the best part of this vieo is the dude rocking a Bruce Shoebottom t-shirt at about the 1:15 mark. In case you don't know Bruce Shoebottom is, check this out.
- If the Bruins do manage to etch their names on The Stanley Cup, maybe they will actually spell Boston Bruins correctly this time.
- Everyone has Stanley Cup Fever: Even the newborn babies at Melrose-Wakefield Hospital are rockin' the Spoked-B.
- Puck drop is at 8:00 PM ET. The Public Skate open thread gets going at 7:30 PM ET.
- For more on Game 7, head over to Nucks Misconduct
- I have been looking for an excuse to post this awesomely bad KISS NHL Stanley Cup promo for long time. Now I have one.
Let's Go B's! We Want The Cup!