Happy Winter Classic day! Since the outdoor game is at 3 due to potential rain, and not on New Years Day because the NHL can't compete with the NFL, there will probably be a lot less falling asleep on the couch while trying to nurse a hangover this year than there has been in past years.
After the jump, Ilya Bryzgalov is ridiculous, Henrik Sedin is kind of whiny, and the first Shanaban of 2012 on the first day of the year...
- 2011 was a pretty awesome year as far as numbers in the NHL were concerned. [NHL]
- The Bruins play the Canucks soon. Everyone's thinking about this. [Herald]
- On the day of their second Winter Classic, Philly remembers losing in the 2010 Winter Classic quite well. [Philly Burbs]
- Claude Giroux's sister got engaged on Winter Classic ice yesterday. [Puck Daddy]
- Need opinions on how to succeed in the Winter Classic? Ask Ty Conklin. [NHL]
- Henrik Sedin is annoyed that his team isn't considered tough. [PHT]
- Ilya Bryzgalov is getting benched for the Classic, and he's been tweeting about it. [USA Today]
- Jarome Iginla netted goal #499 against the Predators yesterday. [Sportsnet]
- Ian Cole got Shanabanned for 3 games for a hit to the head on Justin Abdelkader. Harsh. [STL Today]