If Chris Kelly doesn't win the 7th Player award, I will stage a one-woman riot in downtown St. Louis.
Okay, not really. But come on. Who else could possibly deserve it as much as this guy? You could argue in favor of Peverley, perhaps, or maybe Gregory Campbell - but the fact of the matter is, no player has been as quietly useful to this team as the ex-Senator.
Discuss this. Also after the jump, an incredible story of the Islanders and Pat Lafontaine, Torey Krug will play in his first NHL game tonight, and some other stuff....
- The Penguins are still really focused on winning these last three games. The Bruins are locked into a #2 seed and are giving the less-often-played players a chance for more ice time. Oh boy this is probably going to be painful. [Post-Gazette]
- The Bruins are locking into focus on the playoffs, despite still being a week and change away. [ESPN]
- Defending a title is tough work but there's a lot of things that bode well for the Bruins. [CBS Local]
- Anton Khudobin will back up for Marty Turco tonight. No Thomas. [Projo]
- Torey Krug will make his NHL debut after practicing with the team for a few weeks. [Globe]
- Why have the Islanders cut Pat LaFontaine out of their history? [Wall Street Journal]
- Steven Stamkos might hit 60 goals this year. Also the Capitals might not make the playoffs. [Post]
- Mike Milbury is kind of a misogynistic asshole. Everyone who's glad he's no longer on NESN, please raise your hands. [Winnipeg Free Press]
- Canada is sad because their teams are awful. Awww. [PHT]
- Scott Hartnell is the star of the best hockey GIF of 2012. [The Score]