No news on Johnny Boychuk as of this post. After an ugly knee-on-knee hit last night, the Bruins could be looking to lean on some combination of Mike Mottau, Joe Corvo, and Greg Zanon going forward. Oh man.
In happy news, Tuukka Rask has been skating since Monday and Nathan Horton took a 40-minute spin before practice today. All is not lost, hopefully!
After the jump, while the upper playoff spots are mostly locked down, the last few spots are, as per usual, a dogfight. Somehow Brooks Laich is guaranteeing the Capitals a playoff spot. Oh boy.
- NATHAN HORTON SKATED TODAY WOOOOOO!!! [WEEI]
- If you haven't watched Andrew Ference's show on Nat Geo Online, DO IT! It's pretty great. [National Geographic]
- Tyler Seguin won the 7th Player award. Meh. [NESN]
- BOYCHUK NOOOOOOOOO [Enterprise News]
- Adam McQuaid admitted that he has some liability on that hit by Jason Chimera, in that he turned around. Welp. [Wicked local]
- Marty Turco has enjoyed his time with the Bruins, but he might be done. [ESPN]
- Mike Smith has had three straight shutouts, his most recent one with 54 saves. Remember him? He's the Coyotes' goalie. [FS Arizona]
- The Rangers clinched the #1 seed in the East last night. Also, Lundqvist might be hurt. [NY Daily News]
- Brooks Laich: "We're making the playoffs. We're not talking worst-case scenario." Oh boy. [Puck Daddy]
- The Sabres are somehow still in the hunt, after pretty much everyone wrote them off a few months ago. Nice work, team I hate. [Buffalo News]
- The Panthers are in 3rd place and somehow STILL have not clinched a spot. SouthLEAST, for sure. [Miami Herald]