Still not a whole lot going on. The three biggest names being thrown around are still Alexander Semin, Shane Doan, and Rick Nash, and likely none of them will come to the Bruins barring some miracle. It's the dog days of summer, whoopee.
Seriously, when the biggest news is "Win a date with Tyler Seguin" we definitely know we're in trouble.
After the jump, why we might not have a lockout, a few minor trades, a gross picture of Rangers prospect Dylan McIlrath, texts from Parise and Suter, and more...
- Win a date with Tyler Seguin. I'm not touching this one. [NHL Snipers]
- Former Bruin Shane Hnidy is playing in a golf tournament this week. Wow there is no Bruins news at ALL. [Free Press]
- From twitter user @tapeleg, why we won't see another lockout. [Jerseys and hockey love]
- The Blues re-signed Jamie Langenbrunner and traded BJ Crombeen to the Lightning. [In the slot]
- Zach Bogosian likes how the Jets are looking for this coming season. [Winnipeg Sun]
- Who are the top-10 US born players in the world today? [THW]
- An inside look at Zach Parise and Ryan Suter's text messages leading up to the epic signing last week. [THW]
- Dylan McIlrath dislocated his knee, look at these awesome pictures. [Backhand Shelf]
- Shane Doan doesn't want to leave Phoenix, but the financial situation there is pushing him out. [FS Arizona]
- Here's an update on the Kitchener/UofM Trouba snafu. [United States of Hockey]