Are you really really seriously desperate to see some hockey? Does the idea of waiting 77 more days to see the Bruins play real, meaningful games make you itchy and sad? Do you enjoy competitive hockey, regardless of the league? Do you not mind driving 4 or 5 hours to see a game?
Well, if you have a passport, problem solved: the QMJHL kicks off their preseason on August 16! Granted, the first game is in Chicoutimi, which is hours past Quebec City, so that's probably out. But if you wait until the 17th or 18th, you have some options. Here is the schedule. Sherbrooke is closest (4 hours) but Victoriaville and Drummondville are only a little further away.
That's only three weeks until semi-meaningful hockey, you guys! That's so soon!
After the jump, Bish's roadtrip goes on, Gretzky in Seattle, and some thoughts on Tim Thomas...
- Claude Julien addresses the Tim Thomas situation. [Michigan Live]
- Let's get this power play situation figured out eh? [Mass Live]
- Bish's Blog recap! Today he's in Quebec City with QMJHL alumni Jordan Caron (Rimouski) and Patrice Bergeron (Acadie-Bathurst). [Rant Sports]
- Speaking of, here's the tribute video played in Acadie-Bathurst when they retired Bergeron's number last summer. Baby Bergy! [Youtube]
- Dillon Donnelly, of the Shawinigan Cataractes, has been suspended until Sept. 3 for breaking the Memorial Cup. Oops. A few of his teammates didn't even get their day with it, and now it has to be fixed. Q kids are crazy. [Buzzing the Net]
- Jakub Voracek re-signed with the Flyers. [CBS Sports]
- Matt Barkley, USC football player, is motivated by the LA Kings. [OC Register]
- Rob Brown knows about Down Goes Brown. SO META. [The Score]
- Should NHL fans support contract limits? [STL Today]
- Wayne Gretzky met with Seattle officials about a possible NHL arena. [Bellevue Reporter]
- In continuing with this year's tradition of teams signing all members of a certain family, the Stars have signed Jordie Benn to a two-way contract. [Defending Big D]
- Brandon Dubinsky is excited to be on the Blue Jackets, for some reason. [CBJ Xtra]