The Boston Bruins are doing pretty much a whole lot of nothing right now. And that's fine, I guess. It's just wicked boring. Andrew Ference, per Twitter, is chilling in British Columbia near Alaska; Tyler Seguin is cruising around Boston in a convertible without a shirt. Daniel Paille, to his credit, is actually getting some work done in his role as NHLPA rep, and Shawn Thornton is participating in an event for Hallmark Health. Never let it be said that the Merlot Line isn't committed.
After the jump, new talent headed for Hockey East, Daniel Alfredsson is back in Ottawa, and an interview with an NHL owner...
- Details on Shawn Thornton's participation in the Hallmark Health Fun Run. [NESN]
- Shawn Hunwick will duke it out with Alex Auld for the starting role with Austria's EC Salzburg this year. That's also where Marty Turco played last year. [The Score]
- Ted Leonsis answers a bunch of questions about being an NHL owner. Great stuff here. [Japers]
- Alfie's back, tell a friend. [Senators]
- Mark Jankowski, the Calgary Flames' first-round pick this year, will play for....Providence College? [Flames Nation]
- The interesting story of how the Phoenix Coyotes are winning an unfair game. [THW]