The further adventures of Tyler Seguin continued this weekend as the former Whalers (Plymouth, not Hartford) star returned to his OHL roots for the Plymouth Whalers alumni game. According to Donna Roberts, who was in attendance, the highlights were:
"Mike Morrone stealing the puck from Tyler Seguin, Matt Hackett's sliding dive...Tyler Seguin asking the little girl behind the glass for some of her popcorn, made her day."
What a ham.
After the jump, updates on the Hartford Whalers, some CBA updates, Lokomotiv tribute night, and a check in from World Juniors Camp...
- Here's one article on the Whalers game from Friday.... [Michigan Live]
- And a recap from Saturday. [Patch]
- Bruins prospect Matt Grzelcyk is in Lake Placid for U.S. WJC Camp this week. If he makes the team, that'd own. He's been paired with Brady Skjel so far. [US of Hockey]
- Alex Ovechkin's lady friend won bronze at the Olympics and he is super excited. [CSN Washington]
- Speaking of the Olympics, here's a nice perspective on being an Olympian vs. being an everyday athlete superstar. [The Score]
- Howard Baldwin tried, but the NHL dream in Hartford is pretty much over. [Courant]
- Lokomotiv Memorial Night featured a bunch of NHLers and ex-NHL'ers to raise money for youth hockey in Russia. [Puck Daddy]
- The CBA clock is ticking...there are only six weeks left until it expires. [Red Light]
- Tampa Bay's BJ Crombeen and others chime in on the CBA talks. [Tampa Bay]