So the players are en route en masse to NYC for a huge meeting with the NHL. Our friends at Pension Plan Puppets have admitted that Dougie Hamilton is better than all but one of their prospects. Andrew Ference helped raise a spontaneous $2500 for You Can Play by running up and down some stairs with Patrick Burke. There are talks that Montreal might trade PK Subban.
Man, if there weren't an impending lockout I'd say today is probably one of the best days of the offseason.
After the jump, a couple of signings and some updates on Tyler Seguin and Jared Knight...
- Dougie Hamilton makes it to #2 on PPP's top 25 under 25 countdown. Mindboggling! (ETA: they took it down. Booooo.)
- Tyler Seguin wants to be in a leadership role someday. [Masslive]
- Jared Knight's offseason workout is happening in his hometown of Battle Creek, Michigan. [Enquirer]
- Troy Brouwer signed a 3-year extension with the Capitals. [Post]
- An update on Chris Pronger's head injury - he'll undergo more testing soon. [SBNation]
- The Blackhawks signed Michal Rozsival yesterday, as well. [ESPN]
- The Bakersfield Condors of the ECHL offered Justin Bieber a contract yesterday. Uhhhh.... [Globe and Mail]