So apparently the Czech league is the place to be these days. Unless you're Tyler Seguin, in which case you go to the Swiss League. Clearly he missed the memo.
Sometime this weekend I'm going to go through the list of all our prospects and players and write down every team represented by players in the Bruins organization, and then I'm going to cry because HOW THE HECK DO I KEEP TRACK OF ALL THIS, BOO HOO HOO
If you're looking for the blog caravan, it's over at Pensburgh.
After the jump, stuff for you to Google translate, because heck yeah.
- Bye bye preseason games :( Everything has been cancelled through Sept. 30. [Patriot Ledger]
- Andrew Ference is Czech-ing out, wow what a witty headline you've got there [Herald]
- First Google Translate assignment! From the Swiss Journal du Jura, "HC Bienne is the star of NHL". Aka, hello Tyler Seguin. [Journal du Jura]
- Second thing to translate: Anton Khudobin has officially arrived and is ready to play for Atlant! [Atlant-Mo.ru]
- Aaand here's an interview with Khudobin, and a great picture. [Atlant-Mo.ru]
- Here's an interesting piece on the top 50 NHL trade value rankings. Few Bruins on there. [Angus Certified]
- This Hour Has 22 Minutes, which is like the Canadian SNL, has done a few things on the lockout, including a Don Cherry parody. Check out clips from the most recent episode. [CBC]
- So this is how you'll see Ference and David Krejci play, until the lockout ends: Youtube user CZHokej posts highlights of every Extraliga game. In this video, watch former Bruin Vladimir Sobotka and Flames prospect Roman Cervenka each get 1G 2A in a victory over HC Kladno, which boasts Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Plekanec, Jiri Tlusty, and Marek Zidlicky. Please note: only one goal was scored by a non-NHLer, and he was on a line with Sobotka and Cervenka. Nuts. [Youtube]
- Your beer league team can't play for the Stanley Cup. Sucker. [Puck Daddy]
- The OHL's new rules against serial fighting are pretty interesting. [National Post]
- Connor McDavid is a future prospect to keep an eye on, for sure. [Globe and Mail]