Extra Skater Stats
The Bruins wrapped up their longest homestand of the year with a total of nine out of ten points. Not too shabby. Milan Lucic, Loui Eriksson and Shawn Thornton were the goal scorers tonight, and Chad Johnson earned his first win on Bruins ice. David Krejci left the ice for a while in the first period after he was hit awkwardly by Brandon Dubinsky, but returned in the second and everything appeared to be fine. All in all, a good win in a building that was fairly quiet for a Thursday night.
- Torey Krug extends his points streak to five straight games. Loui extended his to four games.
- Chad Johnson made 29 saves on 31 shots and although he looked scary at times, he got the W and I guess that's all that matters.
- Reilly Smith and the third line in general have been looking pretty great these days. Soderberg didn't make it onto the scoresheet tonight, but Chris Kelly and Reilly Smith each had an assist on Torey Krug's goal.
- Yay, Shawn Thornton!
- Chad Johnson still scares the crap out of me.
- Torey Krug only has fewer points than seven defensemen in the NHL: OEL, Keith Yandle, Alex Pietrangelo, Erik Karlsson, P.K. Subban, James Wisniewski, and Duncan Keith. He's tied with Kevin Shattenkirk and Dustin Byfuglien. Not bad, not bad at all.
OMG REILLY SMITH
Gif of the night:
Tweet of the night:
HEARD THIS: Soderberg would have five goals tonight if he played with hockey gloves instead of Hulk-hand drink-holders.— Ty Anderson (@_TyAnderson) November 15, 2013