Extra Skater Stats
Two teams coming off back-to-back games is almost always a recipe for a slow night, but the Bruins actually managed to take advantage of Columbus tonight. The Jackets were sent packing, only managing 14 shots on goal the entire game and very little zone time; they took a multitude of unnecessary penalties, including 12 minutes by Nick Foligno for starting nonsense with Dennis Seidenberg. The Jackets could hardly afford to lose Foligno for that long, especially considering the offense that they don't have right now; Foligno is one of their very few options up front. Big mistake.
The Bruins scored two early, and after an uneventful second period - probably the Blue Jackets' best of the night - each team scored one in the third for a final of 3-1. It would have been great to see Chad Johnson grab a shutout, but one goal allowed on 14 shots isn't the worst thing in the world.
- Milan Lucic had another monster night with two goals, a fight, and some excellent play otherwise. His fight against Dalton Prout was a thing of majesty; for all that there's a new movement to eliminate fighting from the game, it's fights like this that make you think twice about that. Lucic almost even had a Gordie Howe Hat Trick. Awesome.
- David Krejci now has four points in his last five games.
- Krug also continues to rack up the points; his assist tonight puts him at 7-9-16 totals on the year.
- Total punk moves by Nick Foligno tonight.
- The Bruins are now 8-2-0 when they fight this season hahahaha.