Bruins 2, Stars 3 (Shootout)
This game was a shitshow so I don't even want to summarize it.
- After giving up an early goal, the Bruins were able to score less than a minute later
- Offense from the defense: Torey Krug scored the Bruins first goal, and Dougie Hamilton had a good wrist shot that was deflected by Milan Lucic on the second goal.
(Dougie's gOal face)
- At least that awful penalty kill didn't give up a goal on three chances, including a double minor for high sticking by Reilly Smith.
- Johnny Boychuk got back to Johnny Boychukking
- If a member of the Stars that was part of that trade had to score the winning goal, I'm so happy it was Rich Peverley and not that other guy.
- Everything else.
- Dennis Seidenberg had a questionable hit that may have targeted the head. I guess we'll hear soon if it warrants discipline.
- Seidenberg screwed up again, leading to Fiddler's penalty shot
- They had a good first period with (18 shots), but the fact that they were unable to convert on many chances and many good power play chances came back to bite them in the ass, of course.
- 0-for-4 on the power play
- Brad Marchand (which is notably pronounced "Mar-SHAND" now) could use a healthy scratch game.
- As Claude said on NESN after the game, the team is "finding ways to lose."
- Vern Fiddler can get bent
- In discussing the trade during intermission, NESN mentioned the AHL pieces that the Bruins got in return. Once again I will take credit for this being talked about because I wrote about it earlier today.
Pull yourselves together, Bruins! You're making me feel like this:
Here's to happier times on Thursday. Cheers