It has been so long. Not only so long since the Bruins went into Nashville and took home a win, but also just so very long since the Bruins reached that goal we all place so much value on. Yes, the Bruins finally - FINALLY! - hit quota again this season. Reilly Smith had a goal and two assists, Jarome Iginla had two as well; Ryan Spooner had three assists. Three Bruins had three points. The Bruins scored THREE POWER PLAY GOALS! Everything is happening.
Most importantly, the Bruins represented the Flortheast division mightily against the Conference III foe.
- Safe to say: Ryan Spooner has arrived. He was the third star of tonight's game, and nearly doubled his NHL points total with three assists, two of which came on the power play. Incredible.
- We know from his time in the AHL that Matt Fraser has a hell of a shot, but when Carter Hutton made a brutal error in the first period, we finally got to see it in action. This was Fraser's second goal in the NHL, both of which have come against Nashville.
- Do we start thinking about what happens when Eriksson returns, yet? How about how clutch the power play combination of Carl Soderberg, Reilly Smith, and Ryan Spooner is? The three of them combined for nine total points tonight.
- Goes without saying, Tuukka Rask held down the fort on the other end, stopping 32 of 34 shots.
- Jarome Iginla continues to carry along on his scoring pace, and that goal - his second - where he snatched a midair pass from David Krejci and redirected it right into the net - was fantastic. Iginla was the only Bruin with a two-point game tonight.
- Yikes, Carter Hutton.
- Yikes, Jack Edwards' singing voice.
- Tonight was Claude Julien's 400th win as an NHL coach.
Iggy opens the scoring.
Matt Fraser keeps it going. OH NO CARTER HUTTON
Reilly Smith continues to try to convince the Bruins fanbase to love him. 12th goal of the season
This Iginla goal was straight-up sexy.
Smith to Marchand for QUOTA.
Tweet of the Night:
Jarome Iginla scored twice tonight -- and no one asked to talk to him. Think that ever happened in Calgary?— Amalie Benjamin (@AmalieBenjamin) December 24, 2013