Extra Skater Stats
The Bruins took three of four points on the weekend, beating the Kings in regulation. Brad Marchand had two goals, and Torey Krug had the other. Marchand's first goal came on the penalty kill, bringing his shorthanded total for the year to four, and twelve total in his NHL career. Krug's goal came on the power play, and Marchand's second came only seconds after the Kings had scored to tie it up. Chad Johnson had an excellent night in net, as well.
- Brad Marchand now leads the team in goals!
- No really, let's discuss Marchand's shorthanded goal. He took on FIVE LA Kings skaters and won. It was incredible.
- Chad Johnson had another great outing tonight, including an amazing save on a Jeff Carter breakaway. He's now 8-3-0 on the season, with a 2.14 GAA and 0.918 sv%. Not bad for a backup.
- Torey Krug's goal came immediately after he'd gotten roughed up by Drew Doughty. Awesome.
- Kevan Miller looked excellent defensively, and earned himself some time playing with Chara tonight. Playing against his hometown team didn't seem to faze him; he laid a few monster hits tonight, including one beauty on Dustin Brown.
- Adam McQuaid is day to day. Trotman, you may be here for a bit.
- Matt Bartkowski could go for a little seasoning in the press box. Sadly, the Bruins don't have the defensive depth necessary to do that right now.
- The Bruins are now 11-4-3 against the West, including a 7-3-0 record against the Pacific division.
This goal. Can I juuuuuust
A wild Jonathan Quick has been caught!