Extra Skater Stats
Torey Krug, ladies and gentlemen! After an 11 game stretch with no goals, Krug rampaged back tonight against Winnipeg with two goals and an assist. He's hit one of his performance bonuses with this milestone, earning him a bit of extra cheddar for the year. His second goal was originally credited to Carl Söderberg, but changed after review.
- Tuukka Rask made 36 saves on 37 shots by Winnipeg, sharpening right up after an early goal by Dustin Byfuglien. Nothing new, but awesome work by him as per usual.
- THE KRUG HAS AWOKEN. And that's excellent.
- Justin Florek was shaky to start his debut but made an excellent effort screening the net on Krug's first goal; he already looks a lot better than Jordan Caron in that spot. Bruins staff will have a tough time sorting out that fourth line when Thornton is cleared to come back.
- Ryan Spooner needs a goal and SOON. His moves with the puck are Savardian, and this place should erupt when he finally puts one in.
- The fights. Chara fighting. I know it's Winnipeg and maybe losing your best defenseman against Winnipeg isn't the worst situation ever, but no. Just no.
- McQuaid vs. Stuart was just sad.
- The Bruins are now 95-8-6 when leading after two periods since the beginning of 2010-2011. That's unreal.
Daniel Paille off a sweet pass by Krug:
Florek screen on Krug's awesome goal...
Seriously how do you Krug
SAVE BY BARTKOWSKI
Reilly Smith didn't want to miss out on any of the fun