Well, this is a pleasant surprise!
- Reilly Smith slapped one home off a nice play from Hamilton in the offensive corner, with Brad Marchand setting a nice screen.
- The Red Wings tied it on a bizarrely-good deflection by Justin Abdelkader, assisted by Pavel Datsyuk and Niklas Kronwall
- The Bruins untied it on a delayed penalty. Torey Krug did an amazing job of forcing Howard to give up a rebound, and Greg Campbell scored his first goal since the awful West Coast swing.
- The 3rd goal was a classic back door Carl Soderberg effort...except he was the one shooting instead of passing. It was Carl's 7th of the year and only his second in the last month-and-a-half. A lot of off-the-schneid going around tonight.
- The Red Wings appeared to get one back at 3-2, but the goal was waved off when Thomas Tatar was ruled to have deflected a wobbling shot with a high stick.
- The shake-up of the lines is apparently working. Marchand-Krejci-Smith have been dominant, Z and Douglas looking very strong on that first pairing.
It's 3-1. This is neat.