Magic. Sorcery. The Bruins did not come out on top in the Corsi charts, but they still managed to pull off a 4-1 win over the Canadiens, who have given them fits all year. Thomas Vanek had a 76% Corsi for, hahaha. Somehow the Bruins still managed to exploit the Habs' D and Peter Budaj (for once). The score was 0-0 after one period, but Carl Soderberg got things going in the second period early on. Patrice Bergeron added another a few minutes later off a nice pass from Brad Marchand, and Milan Lucic hit 20 goals to end the period, assisted by Jarome Iginla and David Krejci. Zdeno Chara got the Bruins' only goal in the third period - a rare game where the Bruins came out even in the third period and the second period was their best effort.
- Patrice Bergeron is practically perfect in every way. But we knew that.
- Carl Soderberg played like Carl and got the job done.
- Marchand and Bergeron each had two-point nights.
- The Habs had 73 recorded corsi events and managed 36 SOG so...way to bolster those stats, Rask.
- Zdeno Chara with the shot, gathering his own rebound, and then making PK Subban look silly was delightful.
- NEEDS MORE ZONE TIME
- Can we please unbench Dougie?
- This is the third season in which Milan Lucic has hit 20+ goals.
- STILL UNDEFEATED IN THE ANDREJ MESZAROS ERA
SODABIRD. SODABREAD. CARL.
Tweet of the Game
How much credit do you take upon upon your shoulders for the 1st period though, Tuukka? "Yea, I don't know, I always take credit" #jokes ^CS— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) March 13, 2014
Next Game: Thursday vs Phoenix @ TD Garden, 7pm.