Kisses from Brad Marchand (s/t to @NHLBlinn)
Tuukka Rask kept the Bruins in the game in the first period, the Bruins pulled ahead in the second period, and things got crazy in the third period. Two goals from Gregory Campbell, one goal and three points for Dougie Hamilton, two assists for Loui Eriksson and David Krejci, Milan Lucic and Jarome Iginla each had one goal and one assist, and Tuukka Rask made 39 saves.
- They scored quota, against Henrik Lundqvist. Quota!!
- Tuukka was great, especially when it mattered.
- Did you see they met quota? Woohoo!
- Three stars were 3. Iggy, 2. Dougie, 1. Tuukka. In a 6-3 win, the goaltender was the first star. Tuukka is the greatest.
- The entire first line had two points each.
- That second Campbell goal could have been overturned again for "kicking" it in, but was upheld. Phew. Also, the way the ref delivered the news that it was a good goal for "a deflection not a direction" was poetry. (I stole that thought from @JustinDOY).
- They came out awful in the first period. Sloppy, stupid, awful. They gave up 20 shots alone in the first period, and 42 total on the night.
- They didn't have any power plays. And gave up one power play goal.
- Chara looks tired. Defense on a whole was so bad in the first period. Feel like a trade to add a defenseman will come by Wednesday.
- The Bruins took two penalties for interference in which they shoved a Ranger player INTO Tuukka Rask. Stop trying to injure Tuukka you fools.
- NBC committed the serious violation of misspelling Tuukka's name (s/t to @Germanbsfan)
- The Bruins hadn't scored more than four goals versus the Rangers in a regular season game in Madison Square Garden since 1999 before tonight.
- This was the third and final meeting between the two teams this season, and the Bruins completed the sweep of the season series with the win. This is the first time in 31 years that the Bruins have swept a season series with the Rangers.
- This was what the goaltending matchup should have been in the semifinal game between Sweden and Finland before Tuukka was sabotaged and/or got sick with the flu. He avenged the flu. (I believe Finland would have won that game if Tuukka played, by the way.)
- Carcillo wouldn't fight Thornton, but tried to fight Krug.
- Overheard on the on-ice mics was who is believed to be Johnny Boychuk saying, clear as day, "he's changing, dickhead."
Iginla's 18th goal makes it 1-1:
Dougie's 7th makes it 2-1 in the second period:
Soderberg's 10th makes it 3-1:
Brad Richards makes it 3-2:
In the third period, Campbell gets his 4th of the season shorthanded:
Campbell scores again a few minutes later to make it 5-2:
McDonagh made it 5-3 on a power play goal:
But Lucic put it away with with a minute and a half left on a deflection that was his 19th of the year:
Tweet of the Game
just a mile down the road, those goals they are so pretty. RT @sarah_connors: HEY THERE IGINLA WHATS IT LIKE IN NEW YORK CITY— Michael Blinn (@NHLBlinn) March 3, 2014