Hey, morning all!
The Bruins are undefeated in the past three days! Amazing, right? No. No. Don't burst this bubble. Yes, I know what I'm saying and what it actually means. I'm still enjoying this win. Shush.
Later this evening, the Bruins will actually try to create a winning/undefeated in regulation streak when they take on the Arizona Coyotes and
Milton's own Keith Yandle. (I guess after hearing all these Shock The World trades with him involved over the years, I'm still not quite used to him being a New York Ranger.)
Mike Smith, Mr. Butt Goal himself, has won three out of four games he started in for the Coyotes, already has one shutout and a GAA of 1.45. BUTT (heh heh) he was pulled the last game he played in, so maybe he really is crashing down to earth. Or we'll get Anders Lindback. Anything could happen, really! Make sure you have plenty of coffee for tonight, as the game will start at the heinous hour (for YOU, ha ha!) of 10 p.m.
Here come the Links:
- Nope, sorry. Still basking in it. Bruins Daily tells us what they learned from the Bruins' first win of the year. [<a href="http://www.bruinsdaily.com/2015/10/15/what-we-learned-from-the-bruins-first-win-of-the-year/">Bruins Daily</a>]
- And for you other people, a look into the rearview mirror as WEEI tells us how the players that left the Bruins are faring on their new teams. [<a href="http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2015/10/16/a-look-at-how-former-bruins-have-started-with-new-teams/">WEEI</a>]
- Perhaps we'll be seeing more of the Kelly-Spooner-Hayes line soon. Any name suggestions for this line? [<a href="http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2015/10/bruins_ryan_spooner_line_gains_steam">Boston Herald</a>]
- Our dear old friend Hal Gill has accepted a position as the Florida Panthers Manager of Player Development. [<a href="http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=783497">Florida Panthers</a>]
- The Grantland Grab Bag comes around again this week. What the hell are the Canadiens even doing? [<a href="http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nhl-grab-bag-backstreets-back-all-right/">Grantland</a>]
- The Blue Jackets know there will be "consequences" if they don't start winning. And after last night's ugly loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs they're one step closer to finding out what those will actually be. Will we ever see Sergei Bobrovsky and Nick Foligno hug each other again? [<a href="http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/10/16/jackets-know-there-will-be-consequences-if-they-dont-start-winning/">Pro Hockey Talk</a>]
- Todd McLellan, coach of the Edmonton Oilers, will be at the helm of Team North America for the 2016 World Cup of Hockey. [<a href="http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/841424?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter">The Score</a>]
- Fantasy Hockey News Alert: If you have Logan Couture on any of your teams, better come up with a Plan B soon. He's expected to miss between four to six weeks. [<a href="http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/13900296/san-jose-sharks-logan-couture-broken-leg">ESPN</a>]
In other important news, my birthday's Tuesday, you guys. Gonna be Matt Beleskey years old over here.