Good morning, and Happy Halloween, everybody! Last night we got to see the Bruins and Panthers celebrate Halloween early. Tuukka Rask, he was a wizard. Brad Marchand, he went as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Reilly Smith changed things up, just a little, and was NOT the Invisible Man. All in all, it was a good showing at the BB&T Center. The Bruins don't have too much time to savor this win, though. They'll be in Tampa tonight to square off against the Lightning.
On to the links!
- Here's a preview of tonight's game. The Bruins are looking to win their fourth straight, while the Bolts are hoping to stop their three game losing streak.[CBS Sports]
- Because I'm still a little unsure of who this team is, let's take one last look at the Bruins win over the Panthers last night. [Boston Globe]
- The biopic about Derek Sanderson is apparently back on, and in the midst of a massive rewrite. [Boston Herald]
- Which Halloween candy best represents your favorite team? I've been thinking of this, and for the Bruins, with it so early in the season still, I'm gonna have to say a Jawbreaker. It's going to take a long time to figure this team out. They may end up being a choking hazard. I'm sure they'll go through many different changes over the course of this year, and like fans of this season's team, it might take a lot of dedication to complete it. Let me know your ideas in the comments! [Puck Daddy]
- The Hockey Writers also gets into the spirit of the season and takes a look at which scary movie best represents each NHL team. [The Hockey Writers]
- I'm trying to re-trace my steps here, and I still have no idea how I came across this. Justin Pogge, who spent seven games in goal for the Toronto Maple Leafs back in 2008, found his way into the Swedish Hockey League, and apparently developed a talent for cooking along the way. A Swedish newspaper presented a challenge to him: cook a meal...in all of his hockey gear. See how he does in this video. [Aftonbladet]
- And if you're in need for a last minute Halloween costume tonight, but still want to be original, this map will tell you what the most popular costumes are in your city. [Frightgeist by Google]