Just the Facts:
Game Time: 7:00 PM
TV Broadcast: NESN, CSN-CA
Radio Broadcast: 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SB Nation Site: Fear The Fin (highly recommended)
Season Record: Bruins 8-7-1, 17 points | Sharks 9-8-0, 18 points
Home/Road Splits: Bruins 2-5-0 at home, Sharks 6-3-0 on the road
After holding serve versus a Detroit team on the second half of a back-to-back, the Bruins host the Sharks in the middle game of the five-game homestand. Mike already covered the Bruins astoundingly poor performance at home in the last game preview, so I won't make you read all about it again unless you really want to.
- In their first season with Peter DeBoer at the helm, the Sharks have been remarkably Bruin-like in terms of the possession game, grabbing over 51% of the unblocked shot attempts when the game is close, and not doing that that well overall.
- Joe Pavelski leads the Sharks with 15 points, and with our former nemesis Joel Ward right behind him with 14. Brent Burns (12), Joe Thornton (11), and Patrick Marleau (10) round out the top five.
- Martin Jones should be getting the start, and the former King and Bruin-for-two-seconds-and-no-games is pitching a .923 through 14 games.
- For the Bruins, Patrice Bergeron, at 16 points, is creeping up on David Krejci's team-leading 18.
- The Bruins, of course, are coming off a 3-1 victory against Detroit. The Sharks have won two straight. It's the battle of lukewarm streaks from teams not in the playoff structure (I know it's early, but this is the easiest way to make this point)!