Just the Facts
When: 7:30 PM
Where: Joe Louis Arena
TV: NESN, TVA, Fox Sports Detroit
Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBNation Site: Winging It In Motown
- The Bruins won the first and only meeting of the year, dismantling the Red Wings by a score of three to one at the TD Garden. Tuukka Rask was solid in the win, stopping 22 pucks. The Bruins outshot the Wings 31-23, led the hitting battle 24-13, and forced Detroit to turn the puck over 19 times.
- Boston won four of the five meetings between the teams last season, and have been victories in the past five contests dating back to October of 2014. Detroit has not mustered more than three goals in any of those meetings, and averages a lackluster two goals per game.
- In 2014-15, the Bruins top two scorers against the Red Wings were Carl Soderberg and Reilly Smith, neither of whom are currently with the Bruins. Both players notched five points in five contests.
- The Red Wings start a six game home stand against the Bruins, which spans ten days
- The Bruins enter the game riding a three game winning streak, while the Red Wings have won their last two contests.