How To Watch:
- Dallas somehow managed to lose 4-1 to a vintage(?) James Reimer performance last night, dropping their record to a still-tops-in-the-west 9-3-0, with those 18 points topping the Western Conference and, naturally, the Central Division.
- Boston hasn't lost in regulation since the season-opening three-game losing streak, which feels nearly impossible. But then, the Bruins offensive explosion has been legitimately impressive.
- Tuukka Rask has largely broken out of his easy season malaise, and the goaltending match-up is likely to be him for the B's vs. Kari Lehtonen for the Stars. Lehtonen's continued last season's wobbly ways, which was one of the reasons that Antti Niemi (who played last night at the ACC) was brought in to split time with him.
- Ol' pal Tyler Seguin is second on the Stars with 17 points, with line-mate Jamie Benn at first with 18. If you know the Stars at all, this makes sense. While they've good a very good forward corps (and that includes an ability by the top couple lines to chip in at the other end), the defense/goaltending improvements will determine how far they can go.
- Alex Khokhlachev is up and apparently in, with rumors of a David Pastrnak foot injury swirling. Yay and boo at the same time.
- The Stars are on the second night of a road back-to-back, so this should be a game where the B's have the fresher legs.
In an alternate universe, Tyler Seguin formed a band with Phil Kessel, Dougie Hamilton, and Johnny Boychuk and they're the ones who wrote and performed this song:
And don't forget, whoever wins tonight...won the trade (I accept absolutely no responsibility for the reactions of any who actually take this statement seriously)!