Just the facts:
- Both of these teams lost to the Montreal Canadiens in their previous contests. The key difference being that the Isles have been off since Thursday's 4-1 loss, while the Bruins just played in Montreal less than 24 hours ago.
- As is typical, John Tavares leads the Islanders in points, with 11 (5-6). Kyle Okposo is right behind him with ten, though he probably owes some of those to Tavares himself. Frans Nielsen is tied with Tavares for the Isles goal lead, with 5.
- Jaroslav Halak is likely to get the start, and he's started this season strong, with a .928 SV% in seven games. Tuukka Rask is almost certainly back in after getting the Habs game off.
- The Islanders, somewhat puzzlingly, sent Ryan Strome down to the AHL. Apparently Steve Bernier is taking his place? Yeah, you tell me.
- The Bruins won the first game they played at the Barclays Center on October 23rd, with Ryan Spooner getting the GWG. That'd be more than welcome to happen again, as the Bruins could really use points on this road trip and the Spooner line could really use a pick-me-up.
Uh...I dunno...that this was always going to be brutal road trip? But get some damn points, Bruins. Score a goal or two. Make saves. Hit somebody!