The eyes and ears of the Bruins report back.
- The long read: P.J. Axelsson 's segue into scouting, how Carl Soderberg helped the Bruins and Joonas Kemppainen, and what Shawn Thornton 's future may hold. Also, the NHL's efforts to attract new on-ice officials. [TheBostonGlobe]
- Kirk Luedeke has been one busy man. He revisits Bruins prospect Matthew Grzelcyk ("Gryzalphabet") and why he risked disappointment in attending the NHL Draft [ScoutingPost]. MAILBAG! Much angst about Bruins defense and defensemen [ScoutingPost]. Next, focus on Zachary Senyshyn, and how high he went in the draft- point/counterpoint [ScoutingPost]. A debriefing on the Ivan Hlinka Tournament [ScoutingPost].
- The Bruins have lost the two players that amassed the most minor penalties... only to replace them with players who average even more minor penalties per game. [CausewayCrowd]
- Their blueline and backup goaltending question has the Bruins singing the blues. [TheHockeyNews]
- Paging Joe Morrow ... now would be a great time to break out professionally. [CausewayCrowd]
- According to this take on fantasy hockey, David Pastrnak and David Krejci are in the spotlight and hot seat respectively. [NHL]
- Don't call it a rebuild! Even if it is... [TooManyMenOnTheSite]
- Have a look at this assessment of new Bruin Matt Beleskey 's final season in Anaheim from those who knew him well. He appears to be trending in the right direction. [AnaheimCalling]
- Bruins #BearTracks visited Hamilton, ON with Zac Rinaldo , who answered questions from Brett Connolly (Video, 1:25) [Bruins.NHL] demonstrated some of his training regimen (Video, 2:21) [Bruins.NHL] and then sniped a water bottle for good measure. (Video, 1:25) [Bruins.NHL]
- #BearTracks' next stop was in Barrie, ON to visit Matt Beleskey , who is rarin' to go this season [Bruins.NHL]. He answered Rinaldo's questions despite their admittedly shaky interpersonal history (Video, 1:17) [Bruins.NHL]. Meet Karl, Matt's dog, watch the two of them at play, and learn how he got his name (Video, 1:27) [Bruins.NHL]. Matt shows off his extensive jersey collection (Video, 1:36) [Bruins.NHL].
- That's So Jeremy Jacobs, hot on the trail of a possible tax deduction. (It is an intriguing argument, but twenty bucks says if his argument is not upheld, he charges back the staff and players...) [BloombergBNA]
- At least Tuukka Rask finds us amusing... [NESN]
Elsewhere around the rink:
- Horay for Pavel Bure and his notion to start a league for retired NHLers. [Sportsnet]
- Elite right-shot defensemen are about as plentiful as hen's teeth. That's problematic for teams that structure their
roosterroster to pair a left- with a right-shot defenseman. [PuckDaddy]
- Statistical analysis can help put players in a position to succeed, as this example analyzing attacking in the neutral zone on the forecheck demonstrates. [jenlc13]
- And yet again, it is Roberto Luongo for the win, gracious in his reply to a slightly confused fan. [USAToday]
- Daniel Briere will call it a career, after being the good thing that came in a small package. [TheHockeyNews]
- A dual-arena "Ice House" facility has been proposed to be built on a site in Canton, MA. [PatriotLedger]
- Will the last one out please turn off the lights? Martin Brodeur 's wish to join the Devils ' front office was derailed by the exits of so many of the old guard there. [Yardbarker]
Joe Haggerty can kiss our ass