The Bruins have some bargains in the pipeline.
- The Bruins having drafted late bloomer Danton Heinen was flat out theft- having snapped him up before the equally interested Canadiens is just icing on the cake. Bonus: links to other articles on Heinen. [ScoutingPost]
- Bruins goalie prospect Daniel Vladar backstopped his Chicago Steel team to a Junior Club ScoutingPost] bronze medal. [
- The New England Hockey Journal is here! The long read is a profile of Jimmy Hayes [NEHJ] and why the owner of the Eire Pub in Dorchester will be doing some redecorating. Bonus: Hanging Out with Frank Vatrano . [NEHJ] Be sure to browse the entire magazine.
- Tuukka Rask has been a busy man. That is not likely to change. An increasing workload affects each goalie differently, examine a few historical comparables. [PuckDaddy]
- For a bit of down-time fun, Ty Anderson compiles his roster of All Time Modern Era Bruins. Read and discuss! [HockeyBuzz]
Elsewhere around the rink:
- As a bonus in the New England Hockey Journal, lace on your skates and join your neighbors and friends as they play recreational adult hockey across New England. Here's a peek at what fun you'll have, and league contact information. [NEHJ]
- Potpourri- Former Bruins coach Mike Sullivan is a journeyman who is still learning about himself and his profession. Heads up! Drones will be coming to an arena near you. Catch up with a number of former Bruins players and coaches. [TheBostonGlobe]
- Here's a case for allowing major junior players to shift course and attend school and play for college teams, now that NCAA rules have changed to allow stipends. [AlongTheBoards]
- Godspeed, Al Arbour, who led the Islanders to four Stanley Cups and is enshrined in the Hockey Hall of Fame. [SportsIllustrated]
- The newest training tool is virtual reality. Decision making skills can be practiced without injury. [Sportsnet]
- One fan brought an NHLer In-N-Out takeout to enjoy before a charity game. [BarDown]
- Enjoy the top Tweets of August... [Sportsnet]
- ...and then review the top 10 strange hockey team names. [SportsIllustrated]
Joe Haggerty can kiss our ass