Just The Facts:
Home/Away Splits, Last 10: Bruins Away: 14-5-3. PHI Home: 11-6-5. Both teams are 5-4-1 in the last ten games played.
Vs. Each Other: The Bruins have dropped both contests; 5-4 in OT at the Garden, and 3-2 at Wells Fargo.
Opposing SBNation Site: Broad Street Hockey
How/When To Watch:
- The Bruins haven't beat the Flyers yet this season? Someone please fix this immediately.
- Philadelphia is coming off a painful 4-3 loss to the rival Pittsburgh Penguins, The loss was the second loss in a row, and the Flyers, while they do have games in hand on practically everyone, need to make up ground if they're going to stick in the Wild Card race -- they come into tonight behind the New Jersey Devils and Bruins by seven points.
- The Bruins' victory against the Columbus Blue Jackets kept them within a point of both the Detroit Red Wings and the surging Tampa Bay Lightning (who finally lost a game recently), with a game in hand on both.
- Surprising maybe a couple people who live under rocks, 1-2 in points for the Flyers are Claude Giroux (14-23-27) and Jakub Voracek (6-27-33). Wayne Simmonds and Brayden Schenn are 2nd and 3rd on the team with goals, with 12, and 11 respectively. 22-year-old Shayne Gostisbehere has been dynamic from the blue line for the Flyers and we would be remiss in not mentioning his chipping in 8-11-19.
- Two-way cog Sean Couturier (9-13-22, and usually good vs. other teams' top units) is still listed as day-to-day coming into tonight's match-up.
- Indications were that Tuukka Rask was initially tabbed to start against the Blue Jackets, then pushed to back-up due to being "less than 100%." So no idea on the B's goalie situation for tonight yet. Morning skate should clear that up. As for the Flyers, Steve Mason's been solid, if not spectacular (.914), while back-up Michal Neuvirth has been playing over-his-head well (.936).
- As always, check back a bit later for the probable lines!
- We have Zac Rinaldo now, which must be almost as devastating for Flyers fans as the contents of the video I'm about to embed in the "Never Forget" section below.