Just The Facts:
What: A Hockey game
Where: TD Garden, Boston, Massachusetts
When: 7 pm
Watch: NESN. MSG+
Listen: 98.5 The Sports Hub
- The Bruins (2-1-0) may have a duo of veterans returning to the lineup Thursday night: Adam McQuaid and Patrice Bergeron practiced with the team on Wednesday.
- New Jersey (1-1-1) picked up their first win of the season on Tuesday night, defeating the floundering Ducks of Anaheim 2-1. Taylor Hall, acquired from Edmonton over the summer, was responsible for both New Jersey goals.
- Ryan Spooner skated with the fourth line on Wednesday. Spooner recorded 1 assist and registered 7 shots (4th among B’s skaters) on the road trip.
- Boston, as a team, has registered 15 shots when Jimmy Hayes is on the ice 5v5. The Large Son is responsible for 8 of them.
- The depth players will need to make an impact at some point. The five-man unit of Brad Marchand, David Backes, David Pastrnak, Brandon Carlo and Zdeno Chara are responsible for 7 of the Bruins 11 goals. Only one player outside said group, Dominic Moore, has managed to score a goal.
- In the instance of a Bergeron return, expect David Krejci to focus more on the offensive side of things. Krejci took a heavy share of d-zone draws on the trip, and did an excellent job filling in for the Bruins injured deity.
Oh Mark Stuart, you sly dog you.