Just The Facts
When: Tonight, 7 PM
Where: TD Garden, Boston, MA
How To Watch: NESN, FSN
Enemy SBNation Site: Canes Country (which, someday, I’ll stop reading as "Canes County)
Standings/Trend: Carolina has 22 points in 22 games, putting them at 7th in the Metro, though they’ve gone a solid 6-4-0 in their last 10. The Bruins have 25 in 24, putting them a point ahead of Florida and Toronto for 4th in the Atlantic. The B’s are 5-4-1 in their last ten games.
- Jordan Staal (5-4-9) is still here, but not Eric.
- Our buddy from last season, Lee Stempniak, continues his epic journey of never playing int he same place for long despite being pretty good (4-6-10).
- Cam Ward is still here because Cam Ward is eternal. Eddie Lack, who once made 40 saves in a game that I covered, after which I referred to him as a "squid messiah," is here now too.
- Victor Rask, who is somehow only 23, is here (8-9-17).
- Jeff Skinner, who is somehow only 24 (9-10-19) is still here and your points leader.
- A Bruins win would vault them into a third-place tie with the Tampa Bay Lightning. So...win?
- Guessing we get Tuukka Rask at the good guys end, Ward at the other. This is the beginning of a three-games-in-four-days stretch for the ‘Canes, so it’s possible we see the back-up but not likely.
- In case you live under a rock: the Bruins good, old DMen are still injured.
I think I post this every time I cover a Bruins-Carolina game, but...can you blame me?