The Hurricanes host the Bruins tonight at 7:30 on NESN.
- Apparently SOME TEAMS have a great home-ice record to protect, and it’ll be nice to see Lee Stempniak again... Yahoo Sports ...here’s what to expect from the windbags. Fox Sports Bonus- one of our own will be on hand for this one, watch the game thread as we play Where’s Jeffery Hamill, sporting his vintage Bruins sweater.
- A couple of eager youngsters returned to action, and buoyed Boston to victory. A welcome Bruins’ power play goal was doubly sweet for having been scored by Patrice Bergeron. The Boston Globe
- Take five... observations from the game. Tuukka Rask looked like, well, Tuukka Rask again. The reunited Austin Czarnik and Frank Vatrano (along with Riley Nash on wing) logged the first goal. WEEI
- Vatrano had been itching to get into the game, David Pastrnak came thisclosetoscoring in his return, Anton Blidh kept up the good work, and that was former Bruin Seth Griffith on Jagr’s line. (With video) Boston Herald
- Jaromir Jagr butt-goaled his way into NHL history, and made a colorful quip as he was presented a golden stick. Rask was gracious about his role in his former teammate’s honor. The Boston Globe
- Yo, “Fire Claude” crew, take a hindsight look at all the times you nearly got your way. Then reassess. WEEI
Elsewhere around the rink:
- Parity. It is why the NHL has the loser point, but what if there were an alternative? Dominic Tiano offers a modest proposal. Scouting Post
- Here’s another take on the loser point- It is “ridiculous,” but the NHL has no incentive to change. Fan Rag
- Dive into Thirty Thoughts, which closes with a wish that we all share- Merry Christmas to Craig Cunningham and his family. Sportsnet
- Not “Florida Man,” but rather a Canadian man was at the helm of a Zamboni spotted in the drive-thru at Tim Horton’s. (With video) UPI
- Hair’s a retrospective of Jagr’s hockey flow in honor of his achievement. NHL
- Take a look at these gift ideas for teams around the NHL. The Bruins could do a solid for the Rangers, the Senators could wrap up Chris Kelly for one last shot at a cup in Pittsburgh, or maybe a regifting is in order for the Calgary Flames? SBNation
- A youngster re-created the Braehead Clan’s home rink in Minecraft, the accuracy of the image is remarkable. @FourthLineWing
- The Blue Jackets eviscerated the Penguins 7-1 last evening, and the carnage continued as the Jackets’ cannon malfunctioned due to overuse, firing into the crowd. OH, THE HUMANITY! NO, REALLY The Elbow