Just the facts
When: 7 PM
Where: KeyBank Center - Buffalo, NY
How to follow: NESN, MSGB, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Die by the Blade
Where do they stand?
Bruins: 18-15-4, 3rd in Atlantic
Sabres: 13-13-8, 7th in Atlantic
- Rasmus Ristolainen - 3G, 21A, 24PTS
- Kyle Okposo - 9G, 13A, 22PTS
- The Sabres are pumping this one up as a make-or-break set, which is kind of weird for games in December, but hey, whatever.
- Buffalo was dealt a blow earlier this week when Ryan O’Reilly underwent an appendectomy, putting him out indefinitely.
- Jack Eichel is still very good.
- Will the Bruins shuffle their lineup? Probably. Tim Schaller and Noel Acciari have sat out a few games in a row now, and the fourth line didn’t exactly set the world aflame on Tuesday night. Don’t be surprised if one or both find their way in for Anton Blidh or Jimmy Hayes.
- Tuukka Rask owns Buffalo. In his last game vs. the Sabres, Rask stopped 35 of 36 shots for a 2-1 win. In his career, Rask is 11-5-1 with a .933 save percentage. Not bad.
- This is the first game of a home-and-home, so get used to the Sabres.
Look, I’m never going to pass up a chance to post Big Money Wides.