Just the Facts:
THE TIME: 7pm
THE PLACE: TD Garden, Boston, MA
THE NETWORK: NESN, Sportsnet, TVAS, NHL Network (US only)
THE RADIO STATION: 98.5 The Sports Hub
THE OPPOSING SB NATION BLOG: Litter Box Cats
THE STAKES: TBL picked up a pity point and thus Boston must win this game in any fashion to get 3rd place in the Atlantic back.
- Chara continues to skate at practice for Boston, but until we hear otherwise there's a good chance he won't be playing.
- Florida has recently come into a major offensive slump, but would LOVE this game to go their way as they're currently a few points back from the wildcard.
- Luongo is still good, just not Tuukka Rask good. If ever there was a time for depth scoring now would be the time.
- This is GM/Coach Tom Rowe's first time in Boston as coach. Let's see how he does.
- Your leading goalscorer in Florida is Jonathan Marchessault. If you were a minor league hockey fan, you'd likely know him from his brief but scoring stints as a Springfield Falcon before they became Thunderbirds. Needless to say Boston should probably keep his line away from scoring chances.
I'm not gonna lie there are way too many highlights of Florida getting one on Boston from somewhere in the last three decades. So here's Adam McQuaid rekting Shane Harper's life.