Just the facts:
What: A hockey game!
Where: TD Garden - Boston, MA
When: 7 PM
How to follow: NESN, Altitude, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Mile High Hockey
- Nathan Mackinnon - 6G, 11A, 17PTS
- Matt Duchene - 9G, 7A, 16PTS
- Tyson Barrie - 2G, 10A, 12PTS
- The Bruins beat the Avs 2-0 in Denver back in November. David Krejci and Dominic Moore scored. It was nice.
- ALL HAIL CARL, CARL IS BACK. Carl Soderberg is back in town with the Colorado Avalanche tonight. It hasn’t been a great go of things for Carl out in Colorado. Carl has just 3 goals and 4 assists in 24 games...for $5mil a year. YIKES.
- The Avs appear to be battling the flu bug/illness that seems to be traveling around the NHL right now. Tyson Barrie, Matt Duchene, Gabriel Landeskog and Nathan Mackinnon are all among the potentially ill, according to a SBN pal at Mile High Hockey. Having one of your best players at half speed isn’t ideal; having FOUR of your best players ill at once? DOUBLE YIKES.
- The Avalanche are currently the worst team in the NHL with just 19 points, clearly setting the Bruins up for a 2-0 loss.
- Would imagine Anton Khudobin gets the start tonight with Tuukka Rask playing last night, but maybe Claude throws a curveball and doubles up on Rask.
- Tonight’s game will be interesting in a "see what they’re made of" capacity. Last night, the Bruins showed some character in coming back from a 3-0 deficit and getting the game to OT. It’d be nice to see them come out and run roughshod over the Avs, but one can’t help but wonder if fatigue catches up with them at some point.
It was awkward, but it was cool.