Just the Facts:
The Time: 1pm EST
The Place: TD Garden - Boston, Mass.
The Place to Watch: NESN, CSN-PH, NHL Network, SN, NHL.tv
The Place to Listen: 98.5 The Sports Hub, 97.5 The Fanatic (Flyers)
The Stakes: While the B’s do sit in second in the Atlantic division, every division team chasing within five points has at least one or two games in hand, so wins matter even more to stay in the playoff picture. Philadelphia needs to fight off hungry bubble teams as they hold the second wildcard spot right now.
- This is the second bout this season between Boston and Philadelphia. Last time out just after Thanksgiving, the B’s were dealt a tough 3-2 shootout loss, thanks to unbelievable net minding by Steve Mason and two Bruins goals in 1:18 to tie it in the third.
- No need to worry about Tuukka Rask (somehow), he should be in net this afternoon despite a massive scare in Nashville on Thursday.
- Colin Miller will be out, however, as Claude Julien stated after practice.
- The Flyers are 3-5-2 in their last 10 games. It’s a wash on their away record considering six of them were on the road, compared to four at home.
- After an unusually low producing season last year, Jakub Voracek is back to being as potent as ever, tallying just under a point a game.
- It looks like Michal Neuvirth will be in net for Philadelphia for this game, Dave Hakstol opting to play Mason on Sunday versus the Capitals. Matt Read could play after missing practice yesterday, but should be a gametime decision.
With all the news (for non-Bruins fans) that Marchand is playing really well, take a look back at the so-called “Little Ball of Hate” doing some work against the Flyers.