Just the facts:
The Time: 7pm EST
The Place: Prudential Center, Newark, NJ
Place to Watch: NESN, SN, MSG+
Place to Listen: 98.5 The Sports Hub, TOJN, WFAN
The Stakes: 2 points is 2 points, and it keeps Toronto and Tampa off of Boston’s heels for third in the division. Said 2 points means effectively nothing for NJ right now.
- Your possession leaders last game were Torey Krug, Frank Vatrano, and David Pastrnak
- Unsurprisingly, Frankie V and Krug have multiple points over the past couple of games. Let’s see them keep that up!
- New Jersey’s record lately has completely bottomed out on them. They are 2-7-1 in their last 10.
- Previously fantastic goaltender Cory Schneider has plummeted to .904 in SV%. Keith Kinkaid is slightly better at .918 in SV%. In short, they are kind of hosed in net right now.
- New Jersey is 7th in shots allowed per game. Boston is second in shots taken per game. Lit match? Meet stick of dynamite.
- Your leading goalscorer for NJ is...PA Parenteau! Like we all suspected he would be!
- Taylor Hall is day-to-day. Don’t worry about him causing any undue concern on Boston’s defense tonight, but be prepared if he decides to show up.
- Enjoy the Winter Classic!
The Devils identity up until recently and even still to this day is playing soul-crushingly boring hockey.
Also remember that time some dipshit threw a hotdog onto the ice during the shootout? That was kinda dumb.